Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year....A New Name?

So I have been thinking about changing the name of Emma's blog b/c Toddlerhood just doesn't seem appropriate anymore. Technically by definition,
"A toddler is a young child who is of the age of learning to walk,[1] between infancy and childhood. Toddling usually begins at 1 year and continues into the child's fourth year"
. So she is still a toddler, but the term just sounds so...young? babyish?

I look at her and she just doesn't seem like a toddler anymore. She is a preschooler, who is writing her name (and other people's names), pointing out letters and numbers on signs & billboards, "reading" stories, & tells about her best friends at school. She is our ballerina, our horse lover, dresses herself, zips her own zippers, potty trained herself before the age of 2, & makes her own chicken nuggets in the microwave. There is nothing toddler-like about her.

So I thought a name change might be in order. Our Journey Through WHAT? Tantrums & Tea Parties? The Preschool Years? Apparently I need to think about it some more.

No comments: