Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Home Again

Home again, jiggety jig jig.

We had every intention of sending Emma off to school this morning. I was up and ready for work, had her lunch packed, her school bag packed, my work bag near the back door, and went in to rouse her to get her dressed for the day. She had slept awesome last night (or perhaps she didn't but I just didn't notice since I took 2 tylenol pm before I crashed for the night). She was only awake for about 20 minutes and in that time, she had 2 coughing attacks (still with the mucousy phlegmy cough) and proceeded to throw-up both times from the amount of coughing. I had to re-think my plan to send her to school. I knew very well that I couldn't send her knowing that if she began coughing like that at school she was going to throw-up and they were going to call me to come and get her. I could almost guarantee that I would have gotten a call within an hour after dropping her off. So, I made the calls to school and work and she climbed back into bed.

It was probably THE best choice I could have made today. When Emma started her new antibiotic, the dr. warned us that it could make for some interesting bathroom trips. We found that out the very first day (Sunday). Well...an hour after climbing back into bed to watch TV, Emma made a mad dash for the potty only to not make it in time. I won't go into details, but let's just say that I think her and I (and her teachers) are glad that this accident happened at home and not at school. Clean-up involved the sink, the shower, a quick tubby, and a mopping of the bathroom floor. She crawled back into bed and napped for nearly 2 hours. Yeah....she clearly was not ready to go back.

We will see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: