Monday, March 30, 2009

Bunny Visits & More Fashion Faux Pas

This will be Emma's third Easter and for the past 2 years, we have stood in line and forced her to sit on the bunny lap so that I could get a the photo to put in her baby book. She never cried, never kicked and screamed, but never was enthused about it. Really she just stared blankly ahead at the camera as if she was in a trance. I figured that this year she would probably have a kicking and screaming fit and not want to go anywhere near him, so I wasn't even going to bring it up to her or to daddy. I knew it would not be the end of the world if there was not an Easter Bunny picture for every year of her life in her baby book.

Friday night we ventured out to the mall to run some errands and there was the Easter Bunny. She told us that she wanted to see him and say hi. I figured that meant standing at the gate of the white picket fence that was surrounding his chair and staring at him. Imagine my surprise when she walked right through the gate. She proceeded to walk right up to the bunny, who held out his 2 gigantic sized bunny paws. I turned to Bill to say something to him about how this is going to be the point where she turns and runs, but when I turned back around Emma was up on the bunny's lap talking to him as if she had known him her whole life. Smiling and laughing. She looked right at us and said, "Mommy! I saying hi!" How could I not pay the $22 for a photo? A photo of her looking at the camera, SMILING! She was so happy to be sitting with the Easter Bunny. She keeps talking about him and telling me that she wants to go see him again. Our not-so-little girl continues to surprise us every day!


Here is another photo of Little Miss Independent in yet another outfit that she picked out herself. I think she was having visions of "Flashdance" when she was getting dressed. Thanks to Auntie Michelle for the green leg warmers!


2 comments:

Erika said...

They never cease to surprise us, do they?! Love the picture - so cute! The bunny has a slightly deer-in-the-headlights look though, lol! At least he's not as scary as the Easter bunny we saw at Walmart last year (his head was half crooked and seriously freaked ME out! lol)

I'm glad it went well and I love Em's outfit pic too! =)

Riah-Riah said...

That is the cutest story ever! What a little darling. Oh and I love the green leg warmers. I need some of those for sure.

Is Emma obsessed with sunglasses too? Adrian has like 5 pairs and he wears them all the time. It is adorable! Love the pics!