
Yesterday on the way home from the gym, we rolled up to a stop sign and this is the conversation that occurred because of this sign:
E: "Mom! A sign! There is a sign!"
Me (looking around at the many different signs around me): "Oh, a sign! What color is it?"
I had no idea what sign she was talking about as there were street signs, construction signs, the stop sign, a route 111 sign, a sign about a carnival, and a sign about staying to the right.
E: "A red sign!"
Me: (realizing she meant the stop sign and thinking...ooohhh a teachable moment!) "Do you know what it says?"
E: "Stop the car. It says you have to stop the car."
I have to admit that I was surprised. I have never talked to her about street signs or road signs. Usually when we are driving we spend our time singing or talking about other random stuff. I asked where she learned about the red stop sign and she told me at K & L's house. The rest of the ride home she asked questions about every street sign imaginable.
No comments:
Post a Comment