Monday, June 29, 2009

A Masterpiece or A Mess?

Another rainy day here in the 'Burg. Unfortunately we are getting quite used to all of the rain and puddles and being stuck indoors. Bill and I were on a cleaning spree when we had a power outage (unrelated to the rain - as it was amazingly not raining at the time) and Emma decided at that moment that she wanted to paint. I figured it would be a great way to keep her entertained until the power came back on and we could continue our cleaning. As usual, things got a little out of hand with the paint. I knew we were in trouble when Emma insisted in taking her shirt off BEFORE she even started painting. I should have known that she had something planned in that little tiny head of hers.

What started out as painting with brushes on the paper slowly turned into finger painting on the paper which then turned into finger painting on her hands (you know - like lotion) and then it turned into applying the paint as if it were sunscreen up and down her arms. Oh well. That is what soap and tubbies are for. She was having a blast, it was contained at the kitchen counter, and Bill and I were still getting our stuff done. By the time she was done, it was pretty messy. The counter, the paper, the chair, and Emma - but it was worth it.

No comments: