Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Concert Fun!

This morning Emma and I met up with Alison and Alexis at the the local library for their annual summer kick-off children's concert. We have gone to this concert for the past 3 years and have not been disappointed yet. The musicians are a local husband and wife duo - Peter and Ellen Allard and they have several CDs out. The funny thing is that I had actually first heard about them when I was an early childhood major in college and one of my professors had us listening to their music in class. Once I began teaching, I listened to it in my own classroom and now Emma enjoys it as well. We had a great time singing and dancing with friends and of course purchased their latest CD before we left (a personalized, signed copy!). If you have kids and you have not checked out Peter and Ellen, I encourage you to do so. They are great!




1 comment:

bignasty said...

Thanks for the pics. Alexis had a GREAT time. I asked her if she had fun when we got home, and she said, "Yeah! Singing and dancing and YUCK!"