These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive.
These are the moments I'll remember all my life.
I found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Released For Good Behavior
This afternoon while the sun was still shining and the temperature was at a gorgeous 76 degrees we headed to our favorite park here in the 'Burg to release the butterflies. We were a little nervous about how Emma was going to react to us letting them go and not trying to catch them or take them back home with us. We kept talking about how we were going to open the box and let them butterflies fly away to go and play with their friends, how happy they would be with their friends, and how they would be able to find pretty flowers to eat, etc. She acted like she "got it" but I was so sure. But, it went better than any of us could have planned. We chose a nice stone bench close to a pretty pink plant/flowers right near the pond in the middle of the park. Bill and Emma got the box ready to open and Emma did the honors. One of the butterflies immediately flew out and went straight for the pink flowers and started drinking! We were able to just sit and watch him for a few minutes while the other butterfly hung out in the box (Emma had closed it again). Then she opened it again and the second one flew out, flew around Emma a little bit and then went to the flowers. It was perfect! It could not have gone any more perfect. Emma was 100% ok with them flying away and us leaving them at the park to be with their friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment