Thursday, September 17, 2009

What's Up?

Emma has been pretty busy around here the past few weeks, always learning something new, saying something new (& funny), or doing something new (& sometimes not so funny). Here are some things that she has been up to:

*She knows how to make her own dinner (chicken nuggets). She gets them out of the fridge, drags her stool to the counter, opens the microwave, pushes the 1 and the 7, pushes start, takes them out, adds ketchup to the plate and she is good to go.

*She uses the word "actually" and uses it correctly.
Me: Emma, do you want waffles for breakfast?
Emma: Actually, I would like toaster strudels, ok?

*Thanks to a few days at preschool she now knows the days of the week and knows we are in the month of September

*She is using phrases such as "Are you kidding me? (sometimes adding making it "are you frickin' kidding me!?") and "dammit!" We are not proud of these, but they are amusing to hear sometimes.

*She can "read" :). She loves looking at books, labels, signs, etc and telling us what they say. The things that she comes up with are a riot! The other day she told me that a sign said "you need to take me to the store and buy me something" Is that really what it says? I asked her. "Yeah mom. It does" she replied so seriously.

*She constantly asks for fruit Coolatas from Dunkin' Donuts. With whipped cream of course.

*She tries to put Bill and I in time-outs when she gets upset with us. "1-2-3 Go to time-out now!" It is hard not to laugh when she does this. Her face will be bright red with anger and mine will be bright red from trying not to laugh hysterically.

*She is very much into things that sound the same (words that rhyme, or things that have the same name). She said this to Bill the other day... Emma picks up a bottle of vegetable oil: "Daddy, this is oil...just like Kiegan-Josephine-O'B-oil."

*She is always saying "When I was a baby I......" They are always random things
When I was a baby I liked to eat potatoes
When I was a baby I said mommy! daddy! callie! gabby!
When I was a baby I ate those.

*The other day I picked her up at school and on the car ride home she announced to me that sometimes her underwear gets stuck in her bum. :o)

*She is capable of having the most amazing temper tantrums. They are sometimes very humerous to watch.

*She will try a new food, get all wide eyed and excited while chewing and exclaim "I love this!" Suddenly she will get this look in her eyes, shake her head and say, "I don't like it" and spit it onto MY plate. At least she tries new things.

*She stops in the middle of stores to practice ballet moves. Seriously - she will stop in the middle of the aisle and do plies or an arabesque.

*No matter where we go or what time of day it is, she sings. She will break into random songs from cartoons, movies, the radio, etc at the park, the store, in the car, in bed, at dinner. You name it. The kid loves to sing.

*Yesterday she asked me if I wanted a popsicle. I told her "No thank you." She replies back to me - "Those were nice words you used to me mom."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This are precious.