Friday, September 4, 2009

Shy Little Butterfly


Yesterday morning before meeting up with Nikki and the boys at the farm, Emma and I headed over to Groton Community School for her preschool orientation. It was an opportunity for Emma to see her classroom, meet her teachers (she will have 4 total b/c of the days she is going and the long hours), meet some friends, and explore the toys and learning centers. My usually social butterfly was suddenly transformed into a shy little butterfly the minute we pulled into the parking lot. Her eyes got wide, her face got pale, and she clung to me like she was hanging on for dear life. She didn't say a word to any of the teachers, who were all amazed that she was old enough for preschool since they all taught with me when I was pregnant with her nor did she want to play with any of the toys. Instead she buried her face in my leg and became an extra body extremity for me. I could not pry her off of me for all the candy in the world (and trust me - I offered it). We got to see her nap mat, her hallway hook, her mailbox and they even had the book Pinkalicious-one of our favorites!

Her first full day (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.) is on Tuesday so wish us luck!!

No comments: