Every day when I drop Emma off at preschool, I always tell her not to have too much fun. Recently, I have had to add - "don't learn too much either." It is not working. She is clearly not listening to a word of what I say. She is coming home from school talking up a storm about who she played with, what they did, what they learned, who said what, who had what in their lunch, who she sat next to at snack, etc. New songs, new friends, new books - OH BOY! She sings in the car on the way to school, "I am going to school! I am going to school!" And as we pull into the driveway that leads to her school building there is always an exuberant "My preschool!" that gets yelled from the back seat. I picked her up early yesterday so she didn't get her second outside time after snack. She was pretty bummed about that, so this morning I was told NOT to pick her up early so that she could play outside. My child is happy. My child loves school. She is soaking everything little detail up and loves telling us about it. I love listening to her ramble on and on about her day.
Her teachers are AMAZING! I worked with her teachers when I was a preschool teacher at the same school. I knew they were great from a co-workers point of view, but now looking at them from a parents point of view is completely different. They are FABULOUS with these young children. The way Emma's face lights up when she talks about her teachers and her Aqua Room friends, reminds that although we are paying a pretty penny (don't even ask!) it is SOOOOOOO worth it.
*Over the weekend Emma started writing clear and legible letters - E, T, O
*She is drawing people - heads, 2 eyes, nose, mouth, hair, 2 arms, 2 legs, and shoes. They clearly look like people.
*She told us yesterday that there are 5 oceans!
*They have a class guinea pig named Peep and we get to bring him home for a weekend! We are so excited!
*She has a best friend named Emily who she talks about ALL THE TIME! She can tell you what Emily's mom and dad's names are and what color car her mom drives. Emily's mom and I taught together when I was pregnant with Emma and after I had Emma. Emily will be 4 this December. They are inseparable in the classroom. According to Emily's mom - the feeling is mutual. It is a wonderful friendship.
*She is also friends with 2 little boys - Miles and Cam (who she tells us that she kisses sometimes!)
*She loves being pushed on the swings by her teacher Sam and is always telling me that "Sam is so nice"
*They are reading "Charlotte's Web" at rest time and Emma is enthralled with the book. She loves telling us about Charlotte, Wilbur (she calls him Wilbert), and Fern. As a result, we have watched the movie at least a hundred times in the past month or so.
I LOVE that my daughter gets excited about going to school. She has gotten more out of her classroom, teachers, and friends in the past month than I ever imagined she would (and I knew it was a great school).
1 comment:
Please don't let Paw know that his little girl is kissing boys. I can only imagine his response. He's probably still under the impression that his BIG girls don't kiss boys.
Post a Comment