Sunday, August 2, 2009

New Foods

Emma has always been really good about trying new foods at least once. For a 2 1/2 year old, I think she is pretty adventurous. She eats greek olives, pickled beets, dill dip, salad, and several other things that I can't think of off the top of my head right now. And she is always willing to take a bite of something new. If she doesn't like it, she will just say "I don't like it" and either swallow it or find an appropriate place to spit it out. Tonight I tried a recipe that someone had given me for BBQ ribs. All through the prep work, cook time, and while we were sitting down, Emma said that she wasn't going to eat them. Ok, fine. I made her a sandwich. Wasn't going to push it. Before we knew it though - she was snatching meat off of my plate and her little fingers were covered in bbq sauce. She is a rib lover after all - she is definitely my daughter. I am so proud. She even tried a bite of grilled asparagus. Didn't care for it, but hey! At least she tried it!


No comments: