Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Band-Aids

Band-Aids
I have a Band-Aid on my finger,
One on my knee, and one on my nose,
One on my heel, and two on my shoulder,
Three on my elbow, and nine on my toes.
Two on my wrist, and one on my ankle,
One on my chin, and one on my thigh,
Four on my belly, and five on my bottom,
One on my forehead, and one on my eye.
One on my neck, and in case I might need 'em
I have a box of thirty-five more.
But oh! I do think it's sort of a pity
I don't have a cut or a sore!

~Shel Silverstein from Where the Sidewalk Ends




Emma is obsessed with band-aids. She wears them as if they are an article of clothing. They go on bug bites, paper cuts, sunburns, and any other type of boo-boo that you can think of. And yes, they go on imaginary cuts and sores as well. I have to have multiple boxes of band-aids in the bathroom cabinet at all times b/c you just never know when these boo-boos might make an appearance. And of course she prefers the "pretty" ones - you know the ones with Hello Kitty, Strawberry Shortcake, Princesses, etc. She will rarely ask for just a plain ol' brown bandaid, but if that is all that is available she will use it. If you ever see band-aids on sale - let me know. I am always needing to stock up!

No comments: