Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

Happy Belated Easter to all of our family and friends!

Saturday night we dyed a few eggs and Emma had fun making a mess, just dropping the eggs into the different colors and watching them make a splash. Messy, but fun. Of course she had to make sound effects to go with it and everything. I was surprised that although she was pretty hands-on, there was only a small amount of tell-tale blue and green egg dye left on her hands in the morning.



The Easter Bunny came to visit Emma at our house as well as at Pepere's house, so Emma got lots of goodies. She woke up Sunday morning and said, "Daddy's awake. The Easter Bunny came. Gobble gobble!." Ummmm....got a few holidays confused, but ok. She was excited to find a new jump rope and Strawberry Shortcake movie in her basket as well as some new Tinker Bell sunglasses, lots of chocolate and other snacks. There was a little struggle when it came time get dressed to leave for brunch since Emma wasn't in the mood to wear the dress that I had bought for her and wanted to wear her princess dress with her black boots and very colorful tights instead, but eventually Daddy was able to sweet talk her into wearing something that we all could agree on. It wasn't the original Easter dress I had in mind, but it worked out perfect.


What she WANTED to wear


What we talked her into


Feeding the ducks with Pepere after brunch

2 comments:

Erika said...

How cute! I love the "what she wanted to wear" and "what we talked her into" pictures. Lol!

Happy Easter!

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

I was actually ok with the princess tutu - she was dressed wasn't she ;), but I think Bill was thinking "if I have be dressed up and uncomfortable, then so does Emma" so he talked her into changing :o)