Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Dip in the "Pool"

This morning Emma told me that she wanted to go swimming. Only problem is that we don't have a pool, it was supposed to rain, and it was only supposed to be 60 degrees. Not ideal conditions for swimming if you ask me. My brilliant 2 1/2 year old had some other ideas in mind. When I asked her where she planned on going swimming, she told me in the tubby. Cute idea, but I had a ton of housework to do and I really didn't like the idea of hanging out in the bathroom while she splashed around in the tub. We put our great minds together and came up a solution. I could get my work done AND she could go "swimming."

She emptied her shoes out of their bucket and picked out some tub toys. While I filled up the bucket with water and placed the bucket in the tub, she put on her bathing suit. Viola! She was happy to sit in the empty tub, with just a small bucket a water, some toys, and her bathing suit, and pretend that she was swimming. I was able to get work done and didn't have to worry about her drowning in her "pool." She had a blast. She was in there for over an hour, splishing and splashing, and at one point she asked me she could have something to eat. I misunderstood her and thought she was ready to get out for lunch. Nope. She wanted to eat lunch in the "pool!" So she did! Her cabana boy (me) brought her lunch and drink poolside and she lounged and ate. What a life!



No comments: