Wednesday, February 17, 2010

4 Years Ago

4 years ago today, February 17, 2006, our journey to have a family had been going on for approximately 26 months. Over 2 years of doctors appointments, exams, needles, surgery, ultrasounds, daily bloodwork, injections in my abdomen & my thighs & and even my a**, referrals to doctors, counseling, intrauterine inseminations, fertility meds, tears, lots of tissues, and heartache. 4 years ago today, I was in Lexington at RSC under the watchful eyes of 2 reproductive endocrinologists, an anesthesiologist (who was very good looking if I recall), and several nurses, as I was wheeled into an operating room so that after a few weeks of close monitoring, injections, blood work, and ultrasounds, whatever viable eggs my poor little body had produced could be surgically removed in hopes of creating a healthy little embryo with Bill's "donation" :o) over the course of the next 3 days. 4 years ago today we were well into our first cycle of in-vitro fertilization (IVF) and were scared beyond recognition.

4 years ago today. February 17, 2006. It is a date that has been engraved in my head along with a hundred other important dates. It was a date that I was told that so few eggs were retrieved from my miserable ovaries and combined with other factors, the outcome didn't look promising.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Boy do I know that feeling. Your has been a long road but one worth battling along. CONGRATS on making it this far and being such a terrific Momma!