While I sit here and type this blog entry on this Friday night on October 2nd, many hundreds of miles away in Salt Lake City, Utah, my dear and wonderful friend Mandy is going through a life-changing "journey." As I sit here and type this blog entry on this Friday evening, watching Emma and Bill curled up together on the couch, my thoughts and prayers are with Mandy, and her husband C, their almost 3 year-old daughter K, and their families that traveled from Michigan to be with them on this day. Because as I sit here and type this blog entry, Mandy is undergoing surgery, not just any surgery, but brain surgery to help change her life for the better.
Mandy has been a migraine and headache sufferer for years and years, but recently they had gotten worse. Much worse - dizziness, blackouts, severe pain. Something else was going on. 2 months ago, Mandy was told that she had a Chiari I malformation. Today, October 2, 2009 Mandy is having surgery, brain surgery.
I look at Emma and think about her little one K, and wonder what must be going on in that little head of hers, wondering how she is going to react and respond to her mom going through all of this, to all the visitors over the next 8 weeks as Mandy recovers.
I pray for a fast and easy recovery for Mandy and look forward to hearing about her headache free days. Days that she can spend enjoying her toddler and not spending them in pain. I pray that as the evening and day continues that everything continues to go as planned for Mandy and her family at the hospital and in recovery and ICU. Really, I am just praying. If you have a extra minute, send a prayer their way.
1 comment:
I love you Meg. Thanks.
Post a Comment