Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nice? What An Understatement!

This afternoon, Emma and I were addressing envelopes and separating piles of pictures to send off to friends and family members. Last Friday, she had her 3-year pictures taken at Kiddie Kandids and we were beginning the tedious process of figuring out what size goes where and how many get send there. Like I do everytime we get Emma's pictures done or everytime xmas rolls around, I set aside a picture for Dr. Huang, our baby fairy godmother at RSC. As I addressed the envelope here is the conversation that followed....

E: Whose name is you writing?
Me: I am writing Dr. Huang's name.
E: Dr. Wrong?
Me: Dr. Huang. She is a very special doctor who helped you grow inside of my tummy.
E: And then I was borned?
Me: Well, before you were born and before you were in my tummy, daddy and I wanted a baby really bad for a really long time, so Dr. Huang and her friends at her office helped mommy and daddy with special medicine and lots of doctor's appointments so that a baby could grow in my belly.
E: Oh. Did she give you a shot?
Me: Oh yeah....lots of shots. Daddy even gave me shots!
E: Ow..I don't like shots.
Me: I don't either, but the shots helped and finally Dr. Huang helped us have a baby in my belly! Do you know who that baby was?
E: ME! It was ME! I was in your belly!
Me: Yup...it was you!
E: That so nice of her. We will give her this picture, ok?

Nice? Nice? I don't think here are words to describe it. Nice just doesn't seem like enough.

No comments: