I posted the other day that Emma and I went to The Butterfly Place. The reason behind that trip was that I was going through a box of school stuff full of bugs and insects for a lesson at the gym and Emma found some of my butterfly materials and manipulatives. Her curiosity gene kicked in and the questions started, what it this (an egg), what is this (the chrysalis). Why is it a chrysalis? Why does the butterfly lay an egg? Question after question. So a trip to see the butterflies was in order. We saw the butterflies and on the way bought our own painted lady butterfly hatching kit. Each morning and several times throughout the day, Emma and I check on our caterpillars to see what they are up to. They are getting fatter and fatter and we are patiently waiting for them to crawl to the top of their little containers to form their chrysalis'.


All of our book reading and talking about the butterflies and caterpillars and Emma's millions of questions have led her to know more about the life cycle of a butterfly than I think most adults know. She continues to amaze me each and every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment