Monday, October 18, 2010

Toys From My Childhood...

and now from Emma's.

When I was younger I collected horses.  Small plastic horses made by Breyer that were definitely not cheap (I am realizing now!).  I never played with them (at least I don't remember playing with them).  But yet, my dad built me this gorgeous wooden case that I called my "horse case" and I displayed my horses in it.  When I moved out here and had Emma, I gently wrapped the horses in paper and brought out East in the hopes that one day Emma would enjoy their beauty as much as I did.  That day has come.  However, she is enjoying them in a completely different way than I did and you know what?  That is ok.  My horses have joined the horse collection that Busia and Paw started for her last Christmas and rather than displaying them, they are PLAYED with.  I love watching her pretend with them, name them, and build elaborate barns and stables with her blocks for them.




No comments: