Monday, August 9, 2010

Testing Limits

Since I went back to work 4 weeks ago, Emma has been doing everything she can to push our buttons and test the waters. Most days she walks a very thin line and treads on our last nerve. I know it is the change in our routine, the late nights that I have been keeping, the early morning departures, the full-time work schedule that I have gotten back into. But her attitude and behavior (for us at least) has been horrendous. Talking back, lying, stomping, door slamming, and even bathroom regression (lots of accidents both pee and poop). I wants, gimmes, do it nows. She has spent lots of time in time-out and in her bedroom lately and I feel bad. Like I said, I know that it is because of the stress of the new changes, but still...she is acting like an outright brat. On Friday, I had the pleasure (yeah right) of having multiple teeth pulled. Again, a change in routine and schedule. I have been in bed for days sleeping. And when I am not sleeping, I am moaning and whining about how much pain I am in. In between my naps, I hear her out in the living room giving Bill a hard time about everything and anything. And of course - she thinks that she is doing nothing wrong. Bill and I on the other hand, think that she could use an attitude adjustment.

No comments: