These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive. These are the moments I'll remember all my life. I found all I've waited for And I could not ask for more.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
You Find Out Who Your Friends Are
Since I have started my job 2 weeks ago, I feel like I have dropped the "mommy ball." I haven't been around to drive Emma to ballet, I can't pick her up from camp tomorrow or Thursday and today I got stuck in a major traffic jam and realized that there was no way in the world that I was going to make it to school/camp in time to get Emma before 5:30. Then there was the night that we had Amanda & Scott's wedding to go to in New Hampshire, the time I had a monstrous migraine for numerous days, the time that our car battery died in the driveway, and I am sure there are others things that I am not remembering right now.
Each time any of these things have come up, without fail, the friends that we have known the shortest amount of time, but yet have become our very closest and dearest friends have jumped in, without question, without hesitation to save the day. I am forever grateful for Katie and her family. I have truly found out who my friends are lately :o).


**Disclaimer: I know that if we were living back in Chicago where my family is, that is without a doubt certain members of my family that would do these same things. Being so far away from my large family is not always easy, however it is wonderful to know that I have a few truly amazing friends out here :o) **
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As a military family we SOOO know where you're coming from. I am so glad you guys are creating such amazing bonds! And I'm positive you're still a phenomenal Mommy!
Post a Comment