Although we tried to avoid it, it just couldn't be stopped. Emma has found herself in the midst of the latest and newest craze - the Silly Bandz. If you don't know what these things are - they are ridiculous. They are stretchy bracelets made of silicone that come in all different shapes and colors. The idea is that they never lose their shape (animals, sporting equipment, hearts, dinosaurs). I had hoped that Emma was too young to realize the increasing popularity of this trend, but once kids in her class (with older siblings) started wearing them and they were being given out at birthday parties as favors - she got interested. A friend of ours gave her ONE bracelet shaped like a dolphin. One single bracelet and she loved it. Adored it. Worshiped it. And lost it. Or maybe I lost it. Does it really matter? She woke up begging me to take her to The Paper Store to buy another Silly Bandz. How in the world she knew that they sold them at TPS, I have no idea, but she told me that someone at school told her. We finally agreed that although they were ridiculous and hideous looking, they were cheap enough and she could get a pack or 2. She is the happiest girl in the world :o). By the way....since the original 2 packs we bought her I have caved in and bought her another pack of 12. Oy!




No comments:
Post a Comment