Thursday, April 8, 2010

Like Mother, Like Daughter

If you ask any of my family members or even friends in grade school, they will tell you that I was not very lady-like when I was younger. I was a tom-boy. I hated wearing dresses, wore my hair short, liked wearing sneakers and sweatshirts and loved getting dirty. I was into sports. I did NOT throw like a girl and could keep up with the best of the boys on the playground or on the kickball field on the blacktop.

One of my favorite pictures of me when I was younger is from when I was 9 years old (1987). It was Easter Day and my mom made me wear a pink frilly dress to Grandma and Grandpa's house complete with white knee socks, white shoes, and I am sure that there was an Easter hat floating around somewhere too. Those things were NOT my favorite part. My favorite part of the picture was that I was outside playing football :o). I had to laugh the other day when we were celebrating Easter afternoon with some of Bill's family as Emma ran by me in her pretty green and blue plaid dress with a football tucked under her arm. There is no doubt in my mind - she is definitely my little girl.

Me - 1987


Emma - 2010

No comments: