It was so much fun to have Emma be an active participant in the decorating this year, as opposed to last year when she just wanted to destroy all the decorations and the years before that when she was just a wee little one and had no idea as to what was going on. We loved talking about the ornaments as we hung them up, ones from when Bill and I were little and new ones that we have added since Emma was born. I know she is looking forward to seeing some presents under our perfect family tree.
These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive. These are the moments I'll remember all my life. I found all I've waited for And I could not ask for more.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
O Christmas Tree
On Sunday, we went out for what I hope will become a yearly tradition for our family. We have always had artificial trees at Christmas time, but this year we decided to go all out and get a real one. We are fortunate enough to live in an area where there are plenty of tree farms very close by, in fact there are 2 within a 10 minute drive. We had nice weather, in fact it was almost too nice to be out cutting down a Christmas tree and Emma had a blast. There was a 32 foot high Santa Claus that Emma was fascinated with. And she loved walking in and out of all the rows of trees. We didn't have to search for too long before we found the perfect tree for our family. Emma supervised while Bill got to work cutting it down and before we knew it, we were back home and starting the decorating.
It was so much fun to have Emma be an active participant in the decorating this year, as opposed to last year when she just wanted to destroy all the decorations and the years before that when she was just a wee little one and had no idea as to what was going on. We loved talking about the ornaments as we hung them up, ones from when Bill and I were little and new ones that we have added since Emma was born. I know she is looking forward to seeing some presents under our perfect family tree.




It was so much fun to have Emma be an active participant in the decorating this year, as opposed to last year when she just wanted to destroy all the decorations and the years before that when she was just a wee little one and had no idea as to what was going on. We loved talking about the ornaments as we hung them up, ones from when Bill and I were little and new ones that we have added since Emma was born. I know she is looking forward to seeing some presents under our perfect family tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nothing compares to the smell of a real Christmas tree in the house!
We used to always go to a tree farm growing up to get trees. It was an incredibly fun tradition. I'm bummed there aren't tree farms close to us here, but the tradition of real trees lives on (at least the years we're not on the road). I think we're going to get ours on Saturday.
It's fun to see them getting excited, isn't it?
Post a Comment