This week Bill & I had to do THE hardest thing that we have ever had to do as parents thus far. This week we had to have the most serious, heartfelt, saddest conversations with our 4 1/2 year old. This week I have hugged my child more times than I think I have ever hugged her. This week I think I have told her I loved her more times than I have ever uttered those words to anyone.
This week, Bill & I had to sit with Emma and tell her, explain to her, and help her understand that one of her classmates, a 4 1/2 year old little boy, died while swimming at a 4th of July party. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do as a parent. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do....period.
Emma has been amazing. She understands more than I ever imagined she would. She asks questions. Appropriate questions. She is patient with me when I hold her longer than she really wants me to and doesn't roll her eyes when I begin crying out of the blue.
Attending the services for Taylor on Friday & Saturday were incredibly hard. He was just 4 years old....a baby. Please keep Taylor's family in your thoughts.
Taylor Benjamin Young
No comments:
Post a Comment